Thursday, June 5, 2014

Leibster Award Post :)

Turns out there are people out there who actually like me.
       I've been nominated for the Leibster Award- another one of those cute blogger awards which make for promoting blogs and cute content- and I absolutely love it!
Image Courtesy This is Nymisha^TM
First off...I simply HAVE to thank my nominators- Sunny Williams from (the brilliant) Slightly Awkward Geek and my long-time blog buddy Nymisha Dhavani from This is Nymisha (or the Weirdo Chronicles or the Cold Corridor)

You should definitely go check out Sunny's blog, she's got some interesting things going on...a bucket list, and a Book of the Month thing- just to name a few :)

Nymisha has a pretty amazing blog, and it is a must-visit :) One, it looks great (and is kinda sorta...totally the inspiration for my new blog look haha). Second (and more important), she has some great content! Misha does book reviews, everyday life posts, movie reviews....you name it! Check her out here.


Eleven Random Facts About Me


[Part of the goal of the Leibster Award is to make interesting content. So I think the idea was to get Bloggers to share some tantalizing tit-bits about their lives to make for more interesting reads...As you can see, I'm a pretty boring person, but i'll try :)]
  • I'm always going on about how left-brained, technology-minded people are boring. Turns out I'm a bit boring and technology minded myself. (Source: Random internet quiz)

    I have failed my creative self.


  • I can never walk past a McDonald's without a feeling of revulsion.....and desire (This applies for Cinnabon too).
  • I didn't watch Frozen...and I never will (this applies for the Divergent series: books and movies, too).
  • According to Goodreads, I pledged to read 40 books this year (I'm only on book 17 so far). I remember when we got prizes for reading in kindergarten...Why doesn't that rule apply to high school kids too? Why?
  • I'm both a morning person and a night person (nights are good for reading, and mornings are good for jogging). But, strangely that doesn't make me a non-sleep person; I get an abnormally large amount of sleep.
  • Sometimes I get hit by Cupid's arrow and I just beam out vibes of love to the world. Sometimes.
  • I'm a sucker for happy endings. I feel cheated if a rom-com ends without the words "and they loved happily ever after.."
  • I listen to Ambiance-y house/ neo-soul music when I'm particularly annoyed with my world and everyone in it, so that I can pretend I'm in an art gallery instead.
  • I always throw away (more of a subtle toss) any pennies I get for change so that people can find them and have good luck :)
  • I have a dream journal next to my bed. Opening it is like entering an alternative universe. Even for me.
    I've had that book since I was 10.
  • Last one...I'm in love with Ellen Degeneres (is that her name...Degeneres? sounds like the generous)


Sunny's and Nymisha's questions:


So both Sunny and Nymisha asked 11 questions each...Please bear with me while I try to be interesting again haha
  1. Where is you happy place?
    My happy place is...more of a happy person actually. When I need a confidence/ self-esteem boost, I always go to my happy person- who is the best person I can be. This best-me-I-can-be (or Anya 2.0, in case you're interested) is what helps me get through hard times (and my neo-soul/ soft jazz of course), because if I imagine myself as that cool, confident girl, I become her.
  2. If you were given a superpower what would it be?
    I love these questions haha...Umm my top choice of super-human powers would be mind-reading. If I could just read strangers' minds, I would sit on the streets of any big city and just listen. I'd listen to people's problems, their worries, and their joys. It would be amazing.
    Yes, I know. I'm a very creepy person.
  3. Do you consider yourself a part of any fandom?
    A year ago, it would have been Harry Potter (Ravenclaws for the Quidditch Cup!)
  4. What is your Big Dream?
    I feel the urge to put "big dream" in capital letters because this is it; it's our purpose in life. I haven't figured out my purpose in life yet, but I know I want to make an impact. I want to help rid the world of all the bad things (global warming: though that seems pretty inevitable at this point; sexism: #notAllMen was trending the other day...ugh etc. etc.), and I want to be happy doing what I'm doing.
  5. Do you believe in soul mates?
    Yes. I totally believe in that one person you're meant to be with. That one person who will just click.
  6. Favorite Quote?
    "Life's not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself," ~ George Bernard Shaw
  7. Most embarrassing moment?
    Normally, I wouldn't tell. But maybe saying it will make it less humiliating?
    My most embarrassing moment was humiliating enough for my brain to only function in sentence fragments when I think of it. So here you go: Eating a banana. Cute little monkey. Momma monkey. No banana anymore. Pack of monkeys. Panting. Screaming. Blood on my calf.
  8. What's your favorite book?
    I don't pick favorites. I just don't. Books I feel strongly about include nearly every book I've ever read. I don't even have a favorite color or anything..
    But, as a kid, I loved The Journey to The River Sea by Eva Ibbotson.
  9. What is your worst pet peeve?
    I always just use one side of my eraser. Face my wrath if you borrow my eraser and use the wrong side. (I also hate interchanging 'its' and 'it's')
  10. Do you have one thing that you used to hate but now love, or vice versa?
    I used to hate sad-endings in books and indie movies, but now I kinda get it. I almost like sad endings in books and indie movies (rom-coms are still not off the hook if they end badly), because they reflect real life.
  11. Tell me one thing from your bucket list.
    Go to the TomorrowLand festival (only the hugest dance party with the best house music in the whole wide world).
  12. What\who is the best thing that has ever happened to you?
    The best thing that ever happened to me is when I first woke up in a daze after a crazy dream, and decided to write it down. I've been writing ever since.
  13. If you saw two people physically fighting on the road what would you do?
    Awkwardly walk away unless one of them is getting creamed. Then I'd stay and watch. Just kidding, but I wouldn't try to stop a violent fight...I'm too "practical" for that.
  14. Do you believe in the afterlife?
    Yes. I believe that dying isn't the end. There's got to be more than just this limited experience (no offense Earth, we love you).
    "To the organized mind, dying is the next great adventure," ~ Albus Dumbledore
  15. If you could be a fictional character who would you be?
    That is hard. I've always seen fictional characters are representations of different types of people. I couldn't imagine myself in a book except as myself.
    Except maybe I'd want to be Holden Caulfield from the Catcher in the Rye (he was the original hipster).
  16. Let's say there's an opportunity for a dying person to live...but only if you sacrificed yourself. Would you?
    As much as I don't want to seem like a selfish, egotist, no.
  17. Your house is on fire! What is the first thing that you'd grab as you run out?
    My laptop. My dear little laptop (and I hope my phone is on my person).
    And I think that I'm not technology-minded...
  18. Do you like teaching things or learning things?
    Both! I think teaching is a way of better learning a subject :)
  19. What's the one thing you've been dying to get your hands on?
    I've been dying to get my eyes on a whole bunch of movies and books...The list is just way too long..
  20. You have exactly one day to live before you die. What would you do on that day?
    I would enjoy the little things. I'd go through everyday life, but I'd pay attention to all the little quirks and turns of the world; I'd look for the imperfection that makes life so human and comfortable.
    I should do that everyday, but I'd do it especially on my last day (if I knew).
  21. Stars or Flowers?
    Stars. It's the shorter word, and they popped into my head first.


Bloggers who, I think, deserve this award.


This is the best part of the award :) I get to pick people to pass this little trophy around!

M.A. Barr from Twisted Dreams in Pen & Ink is a great writer. His concise form of story-writing is brilliant (100 word stories everyday...what more could anyone ask for?). I know he's been nominated a bunch of times, but I can't help it haha.

Sakshi Raina from Capturing Sunshine is really cool :) I love her writing. She's the kind of blogger who's going places..

I'd also like to nominate Young, bold, and Fearless....her blog is pretty amazing too :)
http://youngboldandfearless.blogspot.com/


My questions to you guys-my nominees...if you decide to do it


And when you thought I was finally done.....I've still got stuff to do.
  1. Creative Writing or Journalistic Writing? Pick the one you'd rather do.
  2. Do you follow the Royal Family (of Britain)?
  3. In your opinion, is Twitter better than Tumblr? (or do they just have different age demographics?)
  4. What do you like to do (other than write)?
  5. If you were to write a book, where would it be set?
  6. What time period would you (hypothetical) book be set in?
  7. What influences your writing?
  8. Does YA (Young adult) fiction appeal to you?
  9. Are you an outdoors person or an indoors person?
  10. Was writing the random facts hard for you?
  11. Do you have a Big Plan...for life I mean..


The Rules


  • Post the award on her/his blog.
  • Thank the nominator and link back to his or her blog.
  • Write 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer 11 questions about yourself that the nominator has asked.
  • Nominate 11 how many ever fellow bloggers.
  • Make up 11 original questions for your nominees to answer.
  • Let you nominees know they have been nominated.
Thanks so much for reading. If you've got to the end, and realize that you've skipped ahead for most of the post..I understand (more like..I forgive you this once). It was a long post. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you guys think?