Friday, August 30, 2013

I burn myself....with my hair straightener (emo memes haha)

I just realised that I don't even know what "emo" is, I don't know whether its the particular fashion statement or it is a particular clique in high school or its a way of life..

                          So I did what I always do, I googled it..
Heres what I've heard about "emos" (Im not even sure I should be calling them emos, maybe I should be calling them emo people-you know like it would be offensive if we referred to gay people as "gays". Okay its official, they are people who have an "emo" outlook on life?-well i tried)

"A person, usually teenage, that has trouble handling his/her own emotions, and/or is emotionally unstable. Can have multiple means of releasing or inducing emotions, such as talking, mutilation(usually of self or inanimate objects), or even listening to music. Can be considered a mental disorder.
Usage: I wrote this definition out for you people because I am an emo and want you to see life the way we do."

Emo is not really a choice you can make, it is a form of life that chooses you.. Bad things happen to people and depending on what and how effects what way you go. Many people become Emo, which do not always cut themselves. generally wear black, write stories, interested in Macabre and dark things, and we are generally interested in Art..
Emo is a style of music originating a few decades ago in the DC area. For people who claim it is a life choice, or even not a choice but something that "chooses you", its not. It is first and foremost a genre of music and secondarily defined as a style of clothing.
My credentials? I was one of these so called goth cutters, and am proud to say that I look back on that and shake my head with a smile. Everyone has problems growing up; quit slapping a label on it to justify it.

Well there are many conflicting opinions, but most of us say (and probably think we know...especially me) that Emo people are a bunch of anti-social, gothic, teenagers who cut themselves and are overly emotional.
              I have a feeling that anyone who looks a bit depressed and is wearing black would be considered emo. Well it isn't a feeling, its just my experience and here it goes..
             "It was your average Monday morning, cloudy and positively gloomy and like every other Monday, I was cranky and coffee was doing nothing to help. They all gave me encouraging smiles as I walked into the classroom which was highly unusual...who smiles before 8 in the morning anyway? I was already super duper suspicious but then I didn't care. I just don't work on monday morning (there should be a word for that...the Monday morning disease-how about INeedSleepius or STFUmorphus)
It was only when I was leaving class did one of those weird gothic girls (with so many piercings on her face that I couldn't actually concentrate on any one) came up to me and just stared, she didnt even say hi or anything, just looked at me. I gave her an little wave and asked her what class she had next but apparently my social awkwardness didn't repel her at all because she just kept staring. Then I did one of the most awkward things in the world, I ran away. (I wish I could say that I'd asked her what the fuck her problem was and then laughed in her face..but no I literally ran away, mumbling something about being late for class) What I actually did after that is go to the bathroom, to check myself out...I think I knew what the problem was.
       I had yesterday nights mascara running off my face which was not too visible from behind my bed hair My new raccoon look didn't make monday morning any better-I had to actually wash my face in a germ-infested public school bathroom. Before long (actually at lunch on the very same day) I heard it, the rumor that i was now emo and was thinkig of suicide. It took all of the next two days (on which I wore my two most mainstream outfits-those disgustingly Forever 21 outfits-) to convince people that I did not cut and that I wasn't planning to kill myself live on Facebook
People these days :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you guys think?